Thursday, December 29, 2011

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." -- Proverbs 31:8-9

If you ever get to a point where you feel useless, powerless, or worthless, think again.  There are many in this world who need you and your voice.  Even the young must realize that there are people (some not yet born) who will be looking to them to show them the way.   Focus on the path God has set before you, and find your power in obedience and faithfulness, and you will grow strong.  Use that strength to help the weak-- not to overpower them.

Readings:  Zechariah 14:1-21; Revelation 20:1-15; Psalm 148:1-14; Proverbs 31:8-9

1 comment:

  1. I agree that there is power in obedience and faithfulness. What I have been experiencing this last year is that as I disciplined myself to read scripture daily "obeying and being faithful" happens with less effort as it becomes part of your character.
    But, if I stopped instead of having power I would be overpowered. I will be starting over again with all of you next year. Except this time I am going to read the NIV "Once A Day" bible...
    Also do not be discouraged if you find this hard to do at first. My "One Year Bible" that I read through this year...I bought on Jan. 28, 1987. I started and stopped many times over the years and this is the first time to follow through. I am retiring this one to pass down to one of my children.
    This time I took it with me when I went camping, when I stayed at the hospital when my wife and youngest daughter had surgery. Being in the Word daily gave me strength and the faith to get me through when they diagnosed and treated for Brugada syndrome.
    And now I have been blessed to be a servant leader for our youth. I need the power of God's word more than ever...so I am more excited to start over again on January 1st than I am for completing 2011. Pray I stay strong!
    Thank you and God bless,
    Rick

    ReplyDelete